Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Town Hall Debate

Good morning: After a busy day in the Doylestown office yesterday, I went to my home-away- from-home to watch the debate with Deb and Roberto, who have very generously opened up their home to me during my stay in PA. As you might expect, Deb and Roberto are enthusiastic Obama fans, which made for a most enjoyable debate.

At about the 15 minute mark we all agreed that Obama was doing a terrific job connecting with middle class voters, while McCain clearly was not.
The more I hear and see McCain and Obama together the more I am convinced that this election is a choice between the future and the past. I do not believe the majority of Americans understand McCain's historic references, which renders much of what he has to say meaningless to younger Americans. At the conclusion of the debate, we were all more postive than ever that Obama is the right choice for these difficult days.

Now it is on to the blogs to see how the 'experts' called the debate.
Grant

No comments: