Friday, October 10, 2008

Obama Doylestown PA office goes Global


The big excitement at the office yesterday was the arrival of TF1, a major French TV station. They came to the office to do a segment on Obama Campaign volunteers. They interviewed several of us to understand what motivates us to volunteer our time for a political campaign. In particular, they found it fascinating that a person would leave his/her home and family and move into a home of complete strangers. The Producer told me that this would never happen in France. They were so fascinated by this, in fact, that they asked me to take them home so they could see meet the couple who opened up their house to me. So the three Frenchmen and I schlepped the 5 miles out of town to the farm where I am staying and the film crew videod Debbie and me talking at the kitchen counter. It was all very exciting.
If all goes according to plan, TF1 will be airing a 2-minute segment on the Doylestown office 3-4 days from now. As soon as the video is up on TF1's web site, I will add the link here.
That's all for now.
Grant

No comments: